What Osteopathy Treats
Osteopathy is known for treating the spine, but osteopathy is so much more. While people see a condition, we see the person as a whole and will look at what has brought you to the current place and how this can be altered to get you back to optimal health.
However, there are times that it may be appropriate to refer you onto other professionals for specialist investigations and where imaging or further tests may be needed. We would always do this with your consent.
Osteopathy is safe for everyone from new-born babies upwards. We choose for a wide range of techniques the most suitable treatment plan for you taking into consideration your full medical history and what you feel comfortable with.
We can help with the symptoms or speed up recovery from a variety of problems.
- Arthritic pain
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck.
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Joint pains
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain
- Generalised aches and pains
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Neuralgia/nerve pain
- Tension and inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain